Friday, November 07, 2008

I'd forgotten

...how much time and energy a baby take. Of how there aren't enough hours in the day to work, clean, cook and take care of this little person. Of what life was like before bottles, diapers, baby cereal and baths. What it is like to watch a whole movie without stopping it 15 times.



But I'd also forgotten what it feels like to have a sweet baby snuggle into your neck. To reach up for you so that you will pick her up, simply because she loves you. The funny babbling noises she will make as she is learning to use her voice. The silly baby belly laughs when I make faces at her. And the way her little face lights up with a huge smile when I come home from work and she emits this delightful little squeel.

With Stephanie in school full time and now working part time, we've been watching her every night and most weekends. The weeks seem to fly by. It hasn't been easy, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Movies, books and yarn will wait. For now? There is Princess Sophia, calling me from the other room to show me how facinating her chubby little feet are.

She's right, they are.

Posted by Heather at 12:15 PM

2 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:26 AM  
    What a cutie. She is growing up so fast!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:04 AM  
    She is adorable! I find blogging takes a big backseat to baby snuggles too.

Post a Comment

« Home